Friday, January 28, 2011

Sewing!!

Recently, Christopher bought me a sewing machine!! It is an Emerald Viking 183!! With buying a sewing machine at joannes, you get free classes! So, I took 2 introduction classes to figure out how to work my new machine.

I Know how to use a machine. I learn in Middle School. But, it never hurts to go to a Free class! I really enjoyed the 2 classes! I learned A lot!! Very Helpful!!

In the past, I have sown, pillows, skirts, a dress & a blanket...kind of...I usually...get about half way done...before..I give up..oo I also started some watermelon place mats--I got through 2..when I gave up...(I hope your not picking up something about me ;) ) BUt...in my defence...I was using my mother's singer sewing machine-which is a nice machine---just...old..fashion..? Recently, I have been turning jeans into skirts for my sisters & I! My machine IS AWESOME. Goes over denim like a hot knife through butter----smooth & fast!! I LOVE IT!

I want to broaden...my horizon with sewing. I want to learn to make new things..even better...I want to FINISH things I start ;)

Sooo...I hope for those of you who are reading...will..stay with me on my adventure!

I really Appreciate Any advice or Any information about sewing!! There is SO much stuff--I do not know WHERE to begin!! I also...have a fear...buying fabric...and not using it...what a waste..of money! But, I have this fear...bc you all know from above..that I have a history of starting projects...and not finishing them... [shame shame]!!!!

....WELL....I finally decided...that If I want to learn & get better...I Eventuality have to Buy Fabric!! LOL!!! So...I bought some fabric.........{gulp}

But..WAIT...I have a plan.....
........
......
...
........
..
....
..
............I Am Going To make A blanket......?? YES! I AM GOING TO MAKE A BLANKET!!!!!!!! What type??? HOPEFULLY...a finished one (that would be a plus)...I am thinking...I am going to quilt it........???? I really do not know......hmmm..
WELL, here is a picture of the fabric I have...give me some IDEAS!!! please?

I NEED HELP.....from ALL you more experienced sewers..And..for those of you who do not sew...but have Awesome Ideas!

So far, I have 2 patterned, 2 corduroy (thought it would give texture) (1 blue & 1 dk brown), 2 cotton solids (1 tan & 1 brown) & 1 (oh shoot i forgot the name of the fabric--receiving blankets & jammies are made out of it). I think i was going to put a fleece back on it...but..not sure yet....?

In need of Ideas!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I made cloth napkins about six years ago and I still use them! I would really like to start sewing again also but I'm afraid my machine has hit the dust. I'm sure you will have a great time sewing I have a whole list of things waiting for me to sew.
You know the usual, curtains, pillow cases, more napkins and hopefully a duvet cover for my bed. Man I need a sewing machine... lol sorry about the long comment!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the colors you chose! I think if you are doing a blanket, the different textures will make it so neat...you'll have to keep us up to date with pictures! Holly H